ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER WITH AN AUSTRALIAN EDUCATION
Australia is one of the best destinations for students looking to pursue education abroad. Australia has 8 universities in the top 100 universities in the world, and also offers an amazing learning environment.
Looking to study in Australia? Visa Palace can help you get an Australia Student Visa application package that has the highest chances of success. Our expertise in Australian immigration processes means that we are best positioned to help you navigate through its tricky procedures. Visa Palace helps students identify the right course and college in Australia that can set them on the path to a successful career.
WHY STUDY IN AUSTRALIA?
International students have a wide variety of choices when it comes to study in Australia. The quality of education, a variety of courses to choose from, and post-study work opportunities make it one of the most desirable destinations among Indian students. Australian universities are strong in research, excelling in areas such as arts and humanities, education, and sciences.
- A renowned destination for students from India
- Globally accredited qualifications
- Rights for overseas students
- Linguistic diversity
- Monetary aid from the Government
- Steadily growing economy offering good job prospects
- A degree that is valued across the world
- Amazing Climate & Outdoor Lifestyle
Australia has some of the world’s best-ranked universities. The Australian Universities offer a wide range of courses in a variety of subjects. The tuition fees here are affordable compared to the UK and the US. Students in Australian universities are eligible for a post-study work permit valid for up to four years. This can act as a pathway to permanent residency in Australia.
The universities here are known for their high standards and teaching methods.. Their degrees are recognized all over the world. Another advantage of studying in Australia is the low cost of living compared to other countries. Students can work part-time (up to 20 hours per week) while studying which can help them meet part of the tuition fees. They also have access to scholarships which can lower their costs of a course.
Many students opt to study in Australia because its growing economy promises good job opportunities once students complete their course.
Australia Student visa: Compared to other countries, it is easier to get a student visa for Australia. Students wanting to study in Australia must meet certain requirements to qualify for a visa. Once you are enrolled in a full-time study course you can apply for a visa under Subclass 500.
With the Student visa (Subclass 500) visa, the visa holder can:
- Enroll in a course participate in an eligible course of study
- Bring family members to Australia
- Travel to and from the country
- Work for up to 40 hours every two weeks during the course
The duration of the visa is for five years, you can apply for an extension.
Before you submit your visa application ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements. The processing time for your visa is usually four weeks. You can apply for the visa 124 days before the start of your course and you can travel to the country 90 days before the commencement of your course.
If you have any dependents, they can apply for the same Subclass 500 visa. Even if they may not come with you immediately, you must declare your dependents in your visa application. Otherwise, they may not be eligible for a dependent visa later.
APPLICATION STEPS FOR SUBCLASS 500 VISA
Step 1: Before submitting your application, you must gather all the required documents.
Step 2: The documents to be submitted are proof of your identity, character, which prove that you have fulfilled the visa conditions.
Step 3: Apply for the visa online.
Step 4: You will receive the notification of authorities after they have received your visa application.
Step 5: You will be notified about the status of your visa application.
DECIDE HOW YOU WANT TO APPLY
The Australian government provides multiple options when you want to apply for a university. The application can be made:
- Directly by you through the university’s website
- Through an agent
You can decide how you want to apply by using the most suitable option.
CLEAR YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE EXAM
If English is not your native language, then you need to take an English language proficiency test. You need to take the IELTS test and keep the results of the tests ready when you are making your visa application.
Apply to the universities to get your CoE
Once you are selected for a course, you will receive an offer letter from the college. You will have to give a written confirmation accepting the offer and pay the tuition fees. Subsequent to this you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment or CoE. This document is required to process your student visa application.
APPLY FOR YOUR VISA
The next step is to apply for your visa. Your Australia student visa application must include the following documents.
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
- Financial Requirements that you can fund your studies (funds to cover your return airfare, tuition fees and a sum of AU$18,610 per year)
- Your English Proficiency test results
- Australian approved health insurance cover
- Verification of your criminal records
UPCOMING INTAKES IN AUSTRALIA
Australian universities have diverse deadlines for application. However, the two general timelines are broadly applicable:
Intake 1: Semester 1 – this intake commences in February and is the major intake for students.
Intake 2: Semester 2 – this intake commences in July.
AUSTRALIA STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS:
Student visa details:
The Australia Student Visa is called Subclass 500.
You will be eligible for a student visa only if you want to study a registered course or part of it on a full-time basis.
The maximum validity of the student visa is five years.
The course you wish to pursue must be registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate – this is to confirm your enrolment in an Australian University.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement – this is proof of your intention to come to Australia only to study and not to settle down here.
- Four recent passport-sized photographs
- Certified or notarized copies transcript/document of academic results
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) – approved by the Australian government, this health insurance provides basic medical and hospital cover. You can purchase this insurance through your university.
- Results of tests in the English language like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE if you are a non-native English speaker
- Evidence of monetary means for covering all expenses during the period of study
- If applicable, proof of civil status
- The Australian University will intimate of additional requirements if any prior to your application
- Financial Requirements – to get your student visa you must prove that you have the funds to cover your course fees, travel, and living costs.
- Character Requirement – you must submit a certificate to prove you have no criminal record.
- Proof of visa fees payment – proof that you have paid the required visa fees.
If there are any other additional requirements, the university you have been selected for will let you know about them.
AFTER YOU GRADUATE:
- If you completed a Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree, you may be eligible for the Post-Study Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa once you finish your course of study in Australia.
- Graduate Work stream: International students with an eligible qualification who graduated with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of .