Students from across the world flock to the Canadian universities to pursue various courses. Strong infrastructure, cutting edge curriculum, and sprawling campuses are all the hallmarks of every Canadian institution. One way to improve your chances is to get a Canada PR to study in Canada.  Visa Palace works with students to help them increase their chances of studying in Canada and help them get their Canada student visa. We help students identify and apply to the right course and right college that can serve as a launchpad for their international career.


Canada is one of the best places for higher studies and the country attracts thousands of students each year from all over the world. Canada universities provide world class education which are recognized globally and research is considered one of the key components of any graduate course. The universities support students who come out with best research ideas and scholarships are provided according to  the research work. Here are also some other reasons to study in Canada:

  • Affordable Education
  • Innovative and Abundant Research Opportunities
  • Immigration Possibilities
  • Exciting Campus Lifestyle
  • Healthy and Safe Communities
  • Work and internship opportunities for international students while they study


  • Numerous research opportunities – Universities here provide research support to students who can provide good research ideas.
  • Possibility of immigration after completing the course – If a candidate decides to study in Canada, he will gain points in three areas: language, education, and work. There will be some additional points if they fall under a certain age group. An education in Canada can give valuable points for various immigration streams such as Express Entry or PNP streams.
  • Vibrant campus atmosphere
  • International students have the option of working while studying – Canada provides the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) which helps foreign students obtain job experience in Canada after completing their course of study at a designated learning institute (DLI). The PGWP is valid for three years, depending on the study program’s duration.
  • Good internship opportunities


  • Educational Qualification
    • The minimum eligibility criteria to graduate is you have to score at least 50% from a UGC or AICTE recognized university.
      • Year Back
        • The graduation degree has to be completed within the stipulated time with no gap year.
        • Example: B.Com is a 3-year degree. The client should have completed it within 3 years and not more.
        • Example: Engineering is a 4-year degree. The client should have completed within 4 years and not more.
      • Backlogs
        • The client should not have more than 10 backlogs in his/her graduation period.


  • MBA
  • B.TECH


  • A student needs to pursue a course for a minimum duration of 8 months to be eligible to stay back in Canada.
  • Course less than 8 months does not allow a student to stay back or apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit.
  • For post-graduation work permit a student needs to pursue a course of:
  • Duration of less than 2 years, then he/she is eligible for a post-graduation work permit of equivalent duration as the course.Example: 8 months course = 8 months post-graduation work permit.
  • If the student pursues a 2 year course (masters or diploma), he/she is eligible for a post-graduation work permit of 3 years. Example: 2 years masters/diploma course is equal to 3 years post-graduation work permit


  • Canada universities and colleges offer three intakes. They are  also be referred as semesters in some institutions. The three intakes available in Canada are:
        • Intake 1: Fall Semester – A popular intake which starts in the month of September
        • Intake 2: Winter Semester – Which starts in the month of January
        • Intake 3: Summer Semester – Usually starts from April/May, this intake is available for limited programs and colleges.

        We would advise you to apply well in advance because admissions and scholarships get difficult when you apply closer to the deadline. It is always feasible to apply 6 to 9 months before the academic session starts.


      • Student Applicant:
            • Students must be over 18 years of age.
            • International students in Canada universities can work on-campus or off-campus for up to 20 hours during university semesters and full-time during breaks such as the winter or summer holidays, without the need for a work permit.
            • Foreign students who are studying in a program that requires work experience such as through a co-op or internship program.


            In general, spouses are given the same rights as students who are already in Canada. Therefore, if the student  with a Canada student visa has the right to work, the spouse who comes to join him or her will also have that right.


          • You will generally need the following for your CANADA Student Visa application:
                • Valid Passport
                • Attested copies of 10th, 12th and Degree certificates
                • Academic references – 2
                • Employer references – 2
                • SOP (Statement of Purpose)
                • Certificates of extracurricular achievements
                • An acceptance letter from your education institution
                • Proof of payment
                • Proof of financial funds
                • Passport size photographs
                • Study Permit and visa
                • English Proficiency
                • Your University will make you aware of additional requirements if any prior to your application

                Steps to study abroad in Canada:
                Research Your Options:

                Before you shortlist the universities, decide what you want to study, where you want to live, overall cost, various opportunities etc.

                Step 2:
                Select Universities:
                Shortlist the universities (around 10) & study programs that meet your requirements and where you want to apply for.

                Step 3:
                Prepare for entrance exams:
                Prepare for the standardized tests like TOEFL/GRE/GMAT/IELTS etc. based on the requirements of the universities & colleges. Register for these tests in advance. While applying for the tests you should also plan for the time required in case you need to retake the test. You should complete these tests before September of the year you wish to apply.

                Step 4:
                Finance your studies:
                Ensure that you have the money ready for your entire period of study in Canada along with accommodation, local travel, food, and other miscellaneous expenses. Decide on how you will finance your studies – personal saving, education loans, student scholarships or assistantship.

                Step 5:
                Apply to university:
                Contact each university directly for the admission requirements. Every university has its own admission requirements. Complete the applications well before deadlines and send them.

                Step 6:
                Confirm admission:
                Once you get your acceptance letters from the universities that you have applied to, choose the university you would like to study at. The next step is to pay a non-refundable deposit to the university to confirm your admission to study in Canada.

                Step 7:
                Get Student Visa:
                Once you get admission confirmation done, you can apply for your student visa.


              • A foreign national on a Canada student visa in Canada can bring their spouse and dependent children to Canada. The spouse can also apply for an open work permit and even work as a Canadian employer for the time the study visa of their partner is valid. However, if the spouse wants to study in Canada, they will have to apply for a separate study visa.Student visa holders can also bring their dependent children to Canada. The children can stay for the duration till their study visa is valid inCanada. Minor children can pursue their school education in the country provided that their parents are either working or studying. The  child must be below the age of 22. Children above 22 years who are not financially independent due to a physical or mental condition are also considered as dependents.

              AFTER YOU GRADUATE:

              • Canada provides options to encourage international students and graduates in Canada universities to stay, gain work experience, and contribute to Canada’s economy and culture.
              • In its effort to retain international students, Citizenship Canada (IRCC) operates a Post-Graduate Work Permit Program. Under this program, international graduates can obtain an open work permit for up to three years.
              • This allows them to work for any Canadian employer in any industry without the requirement of a Canadian job offer at the time of applying.

              PR VISA OPTIONS

              • If a candidate decides to study in Canada, he will gain point in three areas-language, education and work experience and additional points if he is young. An education in Canada can give valuable points for various immigration streams such as Express Entry or PNP streams.Students are also allowed to work up to 20 hours per week while pursuing their course which helps them gain valuable Canadian work experience and add points to their CRS score.Studying in Canada will help you get familiar with the culture, people and language (English/French) which will help your social integration once you become a permanent resident.


              • Advise you on the documentation that will be required for the visa
              • Advise you on how the funds needed for the visa need to be shown
              • Complete the application process
              • Review your documents needed for the visa application
              💬 Need help?